Thursday, 4 March 2010

Happy Happy Birthday

Blogging a bit earlier this week because I am thinking of having a day off tomorrow in honour of a birthday long weekend! Feel like I haven’t had a proper day off in ages…but I probably have had quite a few.

Had a few extra pirates to do last week… I really like bits of them but I’m wondering if I should try limiting my colours a bit, because I’ve found recently that I like the initial line drawings more than the finished pieces…I wonder if the lines get lost in the colour and textures. …Hmmm.

I did a useful Illustrator course with Bettina Nissan at the Mushroom Works. (Another bargain from Cleveland College- 35 squid) Check out her work its clever and quirky but very stylish and beautifully produced. Really fancy a Gils Bowl…Matt are you listening, it is nearly my birthday?

I found out last week that Rob Walton and I have been chosen to write and illustrate some stories for The Tyneside Cinema. I have had a great time researching, which included a tour of the beautifully restored building and listening to recollections of ‘Cinema Memories’ by people who used to visit the cinema in its heyday of the 40’s and 50’s. I’m very excited about the drawings for this and will be sure to put up some sketches!



No comments:

Post a Comment